Are You Ready to Vote?
This November, organized labor will combat the power of organized money. We’re voting to protect our freedoms—and our voices will be heard. Sign the pledge to vote in November.
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Trisha Garcia -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: What We Can Do to Help Union Members Recover from Hurricane Fiona -
- Not All Heroes Wear Capes: What Working People Are Doing This Week -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Joseph "Jo-Jo" Martinez -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: SIU Begins Relief Efforts in the Caribbean and Alaska -